Gaining access to IT resources in use throughout the university requires the establishment of an account (your credentials) and access (your authorization). This process of establishing these items is often referred to as the 'On-boarding Process'.
Conversely, to remove access to IT resources may require the removal of an account, access privilege, or both. Different scenarios exist for employees who Terminate, Transfer, Die, or Retire. The process associated with the removal of access is referred to as the 'Off-boarding Process'.
|title||Who manages the many university resources?|
|There are many resources in use throughout Texas A&M University. They are managed by different IT groups, sometimes require activation, and sometimes use different accounts. Liberal Arts IT is here to help you through these processes!|
All new employees and students using Liberal Arts IT resources should be on-boarded. This general process is outlined below, but it may vary slightly from one department to another.
- The department business office will assist you with creating a NetID.
- Activating/Creating a NetID
- The department business office or Liberal Arts IT staff will assist in completing the Liberal Arts Information Resources Responsibility Statement (IRRS) and Onboarding Request.
- IRRS-Onboarding Form
- An onboarding ticket is created by emailing the IRRS-Onboarding from to LiberalArtsIT@tamu.edu.
- Liberal Arts IT completes a number of tasks to provide access different resources including:
- Texas A&M Exchange email account
- Liberal Arts account
- Personal network drive (if applicable)
- Other Liberal Arts network drives and security groups (if applicable)
- LA-STAFF or LA-FACULTY listserv (if applicable)
- Liberal Arts IT marks the on-boarding ticket as complete.
Terminating, Transferring, Deceased, or Retiring Employees
All employees and students leaving employment within the College of Liberal Arts should be removed from access to college IT resources. This general off-boarding process is outlines below.
- The department business office or Liberal Arts IT staff will assist in completing the Liberal Arts IT Off-Boarding Checklist for Departments form.
- An off-boarding ticket is created by emailing the Off-Boarding Checklist form to LiberalArtsIT@tamu.edu.
- Liberal Arts IT completes a number of tasks appropriate for the employee separation, former employee requests, and department head preference.
- Liberal Arts IT marks the off-boarding ticket as complete.
|Content by Label|
|cql||label in ("onboarding","netid","exchange") and type = "page" and space = "LKB"|