Begin by locating the printer you want to add. Find the label with the printer name and IP address. You'll need this information later. In the example below, the printer name is PSYC222-Printer and the IP address is 128.194.282.10.
If your printer does not have a label, contact your IT Professional.
Open Control Panel.
- Choose View devices and printers from the Category view.
- Choose Add a printer from the Devices and Printers page.
- Choose The printer that I want isn’t listed.
- Choose Add a local printer or a network printer with manual settings.
- Choose the option to Create a new port and choose Standard TCP/IP Port as the port type.
- Type the printer name from the label in the Hostname or IP address box. The port name will be generated automatically. Select the option to Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use.
- If Windows can't detect your printer automatically, you will need to select the printers manufacturer and model manually. This step is not always required.
- Again, type the printer name from the label in the Printer name box.
- Choose Do not share this printer.
- Finally you may choose to Print a test page if you'd like. Click Finish.
|Content by Label|